Please note, due to funding restraints we are temporarily suspending our soil testing program. We are so sorry for any inconvenience this causes our partners and landowners. We plan to reopen the program in the new year.
If you are interested in getting your soil tested for the 2019 growing season please check back with us in February. This will be a great time to get your testing done and apply appropriate amendments for the season to come. Please contact Nicole Warren to share your contact information with us and we’ll be in touch in February to get your testing done.
If you are in need of a soil test for permitting purposes, you can use the WA Department of Ecology’s lab search tool to find an alternate location to ship your sample to.
An important part of being a steward of the land is knowing what is in your soil and how to make informed management decisions based on what you are growing and your site specific conditions. Whether you are growing a garden, lawn, pasture, orchard, or row crops, soil testing is an important part of dialing in your nutrient management. It is also a way to conserve resources and save money by only applying what you need.
If you’re not testing, you’re guessing!
When you get nutrient testing performed through our district, you get more than just numbers.
- A soil analysis report, which tells you the levels of each nutrient in your soil.
- A write-up interpreting your results which will help you see whether each nutrient is high, low, and what the optimal ranges are for each nutrient.
- Recommendations for what to apply, how much, and when based on the crop you are growing and general recommendations for our area (organic or conventional, based on preference).
Our recommendations follow land grant university guidelines and research that has been done for specific crop needs.
Our Basic Soil Test costs $25
The soil test analyzes:
- Organic Matter
Additional Available Tests
- Complete Micronutrients
- Selenium Content
- Plant Tissue
- Hay and Feed
- Lagoon Water
Ready to find out what you’re working with in your soil?
Just follow these simple steps…
- Gather your soil sample using these instructions for Taking a Soil Sample!
- Drop off your soil sample at our office anytime Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:15pm (cash or check payment only).
- Any questions? Call our office at (360) 754-3588, x100.
Soil test results and recommendations will be sent out by email (or mail by request) within 10-14 days after drop-off.