Soil Testing Program Open in a Limited Capacity – 1.17.19
TCD is re-opening our Soil Testing Program on a limited basis until sufficient funding and staffing is available to open the program fully. Beginning immediately, the TCD soil testing program will be open for sample drop offs only on Wednesdays from 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm. Results will be available 7-10 days after.
Questions about how to take a sample or what the benefits of a soil test are? Contact Nicole Warren, Resource Technician.
An important part of being a steward of the land is knowing what is in your soil and how to make informed management decisions based on what you are growing and your site specific conditions. Whether you are growing a garden, lawn, pasture, orchard, or row crops, soil testing is an important part of dialing in your nutrient management. It is also a way to conserve resources and save money by only applying what you need.
If you’re not testing, you’re guessing!
When you get nutrient testing performed through our district, you get more than just numbers.
- A soil analysis report, which tells you the levels of each nutrient in your soil.
- A write-up interpreting your results which will help you see whether each nutrient is high, low, and what the optimal ranges are for each nutrient.
- Recommendations for what to apply, how much, and when based on the crop you are growing and general recommendations for our area (organic or conventional, based on preference).
Our recommendations follow land grant university guidelines and research that has been done for specific crop needs.
Our Basic Soil Test costs $25
The soil test analyzes:
- Organic Matter
Additional Available Tests
- Complete Micronutrients
- Selenium Content
- Plant Tissue
- Hay and Feed
- Lagoon Water
Ready to find out what you’re working with in your soil?
Just follow these simple steps…
- Gather your soil sample using these instructions for Taking a Soil Sample!
- Drop off your soil sample at our office anytime Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:15pm (cash or check payment only).
- Any questions? Call our office at (360) 754-3588, x100.
Soil test results and recommendations will be sent out by email (or mail by request) within 10-14 days after drop-off.