Thurston Conservation District, a non-regulatory agency, strives to conserve and sustain the beneficial use and protection of local natural resources through partnerships with the County’s rural, agricultural, and urban communities, as well as local, state, federal, and tribal agencies.
Thurston Conservation District’s Community Wellness Response
Thurston Conservation District is committed to doing our part for our community and the wellness of our employees, board of supervisors, and volunteers. Community response actions we are taking include:
- As directed by the Governor, and to protect the health and safety of our community TCD staff are working remotely until further notice to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Email/voice mail at my mobile number above are the best way to reach me during this time
- Offering remote technical assistance! Have questions about how to get your garden ready for spring? Interested in learning more about conservation planning? We would love to hear from you!
- Our Soil Testing Analysis Program is re-open with some changes that will help contribute to our communities wellness. Check out our Soil Testing Analysis web page to learn more
- The Equipment Rental Program has been transitioned to meet social distancing requirements and keep our connections and employees safe. Check out the Equipment Rental web page for instructions.
Questions? Contact Sarah Moorehead, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid-Term Elected Seat Vacancy Announcement – EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE
The Thurston Conservation District Board of Supervisors is pleased to announce an opportunity to join our Board of Supervisors for a mid-term elected seat vacancy. The Thurston Conservation District is seeking qualified candidates among Thurston County residents that reside within the district boundaries and have interest in serving the people of Thurston County. This position will be filled via an application and appointment process administered by our Board of Supervisors. Applications are due by May 31st. Application materials and information can be found here.
Regular Board Meetings
UPDATE: Due to Governor Inslee’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order, there will not be a physical meeting space provided for this meeting (as allowed by the March 24th, 2020 Proclamation by the Governor Amending Proclamation 20-05: 20-28 Open Public Meetings Act and Public Records Act). You can join the meeting using the above link or by calling the number and using the meeting access code. Materials are provided on the Board Meeting Materials page of our website.
May 28th Board Meeting
Due to the increase of concerns surrounding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) virus, Thurston Conservation District is taking pre-cautionary measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by conducting its regular scheduled business meeting via public online forum. Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. We will post the meeting info the week before.
May 28th TCD Board Meeting Thursday, May 28, 2020 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM (PDT)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212
– One-touch: tel:+18722403212,,644967709#
Access Code: 644-967-709
For any questions, please contact: Sarah Moorehead, Executive Director – email@example.com or 360.999.0078
Agendas and Board Packet materials will be posted on the website when available.
TCD Work Sessions June -September will be moved to the second Tuesday of each month 3-5pm. Locations are subject to change due to COVID-19
Board Meeting Materials
Board Meeting Materials – Meeting Agendas, Board Meeting Packets, audio recordings of meetings, Approved Meeting Minutes