- A culture of voluntary stewardship of our natural resources built through relationships with
individuals, organizations, and governments.
- A resilient community responding to a changing climate.
- People of Thurston County enjoy healthy soils, water, air, and ecosystems.
- Sustainable community-based conservation and restoration of natural resources.
- Prosperous and sustainable working lands.
- Sustainable and consistent funding to achieve our mission.
Thurston Conservation District’s Community Wellness Response
Thurston Conservation District is committed to doing our part for our community and the wellness of our employees, board of supervisors, and volunteers. Community response actions we are taking include:
- As directed by the Governor, and to protect the health and safety of our community TCD staff are working remotely until further notice to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Email/voice mail at our mobile number are the best way to reach staff during this time
- Offering remote technical assistance! Have questions about how to get your garden ready for spring? Interested in learning more about conservation planning? We would love to hear from you!
- Our Soil Testing Analysis Program is re-open with some changes that will help contribute to our communities wellness. Check out our Soil & Nutrient Testing web page to learn more
- The Equipment Rental Program has been transitioned to meet social distancing requirements and keep our connections and employees safe. Check out the Equipment Rental web page for instructions.
Questions? Contact Sarah Moorehead, firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Board of Supervisors Appointed Position
Applications for TCD’s Appointed Position 1 are open now through March 31, 2021. Applications must be submitted to the Washington State Conservation Commission. Find out more here.
2021 Election Information
A mail-in election for position 1 on the TCD Board of Supervisors will be held March, 16 2021. The candidate filing window is closed. Voters may request ballots beginning February 8, 2021. For information about how to become a candidate or how to request your ballot, visit our elections webpage.
Regular Board Meetings
UPDATE: Due to Governor Inslee’s Safe Re-Open Order, there will not be a physical meeting space provided for these meetings (as allowed by the March 24th, 2020 Proclamation by the Governor Amending Proclamation 20-05: 20-28 Open Public Meetings Act and Public Records Act). You can join the meeting using the provided link or by calling the number and using the meeting access code. Materials are provided on the Board Meeting Materials page of our website.
February 25th Board Meeting
February Thurston Conservation District Board Meeting
Thu, February 25, 2021 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM (PST)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212- One-touch: tel:+18722403212,,324464565#
Access Code: 324-464-565
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/324464565
Board Meeting Materials
Board Meeting Materials – Meeting Agendas, Board Meeting Packets, audio recordings of meetings, Approved Meeting Minutes