Thurston Conservation District, a non-regulatory agency, strives to conserve and sustain the beneficial use and protection of local natural resources through partnerships with the County’s rural, agricultural, and urban communities, as well as local, state, federal, and tribal agencies.
Thurston Conservation District’s Community Wellness Response
Thurston Conservation District is committed to doing our part for our community and the wellness of our employees, board of supervisors, and volunteers. Community response actions we are taking include:
- As directed by the Governor, and to protect the health and safety of our community TCD staff are working remotely until further notice to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Email/voice mail at my mobile number above are the best way to reach me during this time
- Offering remote technical assistance! Have questions about how to get your garden ready for spring? Interested in learning more about conservation planning? We would love to hear from you!
- Our Soil Testing Analysis Program is re-open with some changes that will help contribute to our communities wellness. Check out our Soil Testing Analysis web page to learn more
- The Equipment Rental Program has been transitioned to meet social distancing requirements and keep our connections and employees safe. Check out the Equipment Rental web page for instructions.
Questions? Contact Sarah Moorehead, email@example.com
Mid-Term Elected Seat Vacancy Announcement
The Thurston Conservation District Board of Supervisors is pleased to announce an opportunity to join our Board of Supervisors for a mid-term elected seat vacancy. The Thurston Conservation District sought qualified candidates among Thurston County residents that reside within the district boundaries and have interest in serving the people of Thurston County. This position will be filled via an application and appointment process administered by our Board of Supervisors. The application window has closed. Applications are being reviewed and applicants will be contacted about an interview.
Regular Board Meetings
UPDATE: Due to Governor Inslee’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order, there will not be a physical meeting space provided for this meeting (as allowed by the March 24th, 2020 Proclamation by the Governor Amending Proclamation 20-05: 20-28 Open Public Meetings Act and Public Records Act). You can join the meeting using the provided link or by calling the number and using the meeting access code. Materials are provided on the Board Meeting Materials page of our website.
June 9th Special Meeting
Tuesday June 9th, 2020 Work Session 3-5pm has been cancelled and replaced with a Special Meeting with an Executive Session scheduled for the same time frame via Go to Meeting. This meeting is open to the public.
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212
– One-touch: tel:+18722403212,,592030077#
Access Code: 592-030-077
June 25th Board Meeting
Thursday June 25th Regular Board Meeting 5:-30-7pm via Go to Meeting will be held online using the Go to Meeting website. This meeting is open to the public.
TCD Work Sessions June -September will be moved to the second Tuesday of each month 3-5pm. Locations are subject to change due to COVID-19
Board Meeting Materials
Board Meeting Materials – Meeting Agendas, Board Meeting Packets, audio recordings of meetings, Approved Meeting Minutes