Thurston Conservation District’s Community Awards Program publicly honors community members, partners and volunteers for their support of our mission and conservation values. We would like to express our sincere gratitude to the recipients for their dedication and demonstration of good land stewardship, their work inspiring a conservation ethic in fellow community members, and their contribution to the story of voluntary stewardship in our community through partnership with Thurston Conservation District.
2023 Community Awards
Thurston Conservation District is pleased to share the 2023 Community Awardees that District Board and Staff have recognized as outstanding leaders in our community for their conservation of natural resources!
Congratulations to the 2023 awardees!
- Producer of Year: Jesse Ratcliff
- Land Steward of the Year: Muhammad Ayub
- Land Steward of the Year: The Townsend Family
- Volunteer of the Year: Aimee Richardson
- Educator of the Year: Heidi Yerrington
- Student of the Year: Tina Wagner
- Partner of the Year: Ashley Arai
- Doug Rushton Conservation Legacy Award: Erica Guttman
2022 Community Awards
- Producer of the Year: Keith Fagernes & Selma Bjarnadottir, Flying Cow Creamery
- Land Steward of the Year: Bill & Lesli Arney
- Educator of the Year: Ron Holtcamp
- Partner of the Year: Nick George, U.S Fish & Wildlife – Partners for Fish & Wildlife Program
- Student Lead of the Year: Leila Chavez
- Volunteer of the Year: Kayla McCarthy
- Doug Rushton Conservation Legacy Award: Fred & Katherine Colvin
2021 Community Awards
Click on the above links to view the awardee recognition videos.