Thurston Conservation District’s Community Awards Program publicly honors community members, partners and volunteers for their support of our mission and conservation values. We would like to express our sincere gratitude to the recipients for their dedication and demonstration of good land stewardship, their work inspiring a conservation ethic in fellow community members, and their contribution to the story of voluntary stewardship in our community through partnership with Thurston Conservation District.
2022 Community Awards
- Producer of the Year: Keith Fagernes & Selma Bjarnadottir, Flying Cow Creamery
- Land Steward of the Year: Bill & Lesli Arney
- Educator of the Year: Ron Holtcamp
- Partner of the Year: Nick George, U.S Fish & Wildlife – Partners for Fish & Wildlife Program
- Student Lead of the Year: Leila Chavez
- Volunteer of the Year: Kayla McCarthy
- Doug Rushton Conservation Legacy Award: Fred & Katherine Colvin
2021 Community Awards
- Producer of the Year: John and Susan Dana, 3Ds Alpacas
- Land Steward of the Year: Geoff and Lorna Mueller
- Educator of the Year: Dixie Reimer and Jana Brock, North Thurston Public Schools
- Partner of the Year: Heidi Smith, Bounty for Families
- Doug Rushton Conservation Legacy Award: Tom Salzer
Click on the above links to view the awardee recognition videos.