Thurston Conservation District offers regular family-friendly and accessible hands-on learning opportunities through volunteer events. Often focused on aspects of habitat restoration and natural resource stewardship, these events are great ways to learn by doing, meet other community members, and be a part of local conservation.
See below for current opportunities, information about annual volunteer events, and how to stay in touch.
Stay tuned for upcoming volunteer events!
Join our Teens in Thurston Volunteer Group!
Are you a teen or young adult interested in plants, wildlife, farming or growing food?
Thurston Conservation District invites you to join our Teens in Thurston volunteer program. Join our team and attend regular educational meetings and hands-on events where you can learn about and participate in:
- Environmental education
- Farming & gardening
- Community service & team building
Annual Volunteer Opportunities
- Annual Native Plant Festival & Sale (March 2022)
- South Sound Regional Envirothon (April 2022)
- Orca Recovery Day (Fall 2022)
- Water Quality Monitoring (February & October, dates TBD)
- Nearshore Education (Spring, weekdays, dates TBD)
- Work parties on private property (Regularly throughout the year)
Sign up to receive the latest volunteer opportunities straight to your inbox:
Interested in volunteering with the District? Please read the TCD Volunteer Wellness Protocol carefully.
All of our volunteer opportunities require a Liability/Photo Waiver form before participation. Hard copies will be available at all volunteer events, or you may submit the form below:
Questions about volunteering?
You can also use our contact form.