South Union Grange Hall (10030 Tilley Rd SW #860, Olympia, WA 98512)
Come join Thurston Conservation District and friends as we celebrate the harvest and kick off our 75th anniversary. This family-friendly event will feature:
- Pie baking contest (see below for more information about how to compete!)
- Cider pressing – Bring your apples and bottles to make juice!
- Soil test drop-off & information booth – Bring your soil sample!
- Native Bulb & Seed Sale Pick-up
- Kids arts & craft activities
- Pumpkin decorating
- Face painting!
- Food trucks!
- Live music!
- And more!
Pie Baking Contest
Time to practice your pie-baking skills! Contestants are invited to compete in the first annual TCD Harvest Fest Pie Contest. Entries must be submitted by 11am, Oct. 8th at the TCD Harvest Festival located at the South Union Grange Hall. Judging will occur at noon followed by award announcements. Categories include:
- Fruit pies (two-crust or one)
- Custard & nut pies
- Savory pies
- Youth entries (14 and under)
- Allergy-free pies (i.e. gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free etc.)
Contestants must include a copy of their recipe.
Native Bulb & Seed Pick-up
If you placed a pre-order at our Native Bulb & Seed Sale your order will be available to pick up at the Harvest Festival!
Please keep in mind that our Native Bulb & Seed sale was pre-order only. Bulbs and seeds will not be available to purchase at the Harvest Festival.
Community Cider Pressing
Another fun component of our Harvest Festival will be the opportunity for community members to bring their apples to press into cider. We will have a kid-friendly press and all the sanitation and preparatory materials for you to use throughout the day. Please bring clean and sanitized bottles for filling or purchase TCD custom half-gallon growlers on site.
Questions about our Harvest Festival?
You can also use our contact form.