The district offers a variety of internship opportunities year-round. Internship contracts are tailored to provide the student with more in-depth experience in a range of focus areas and the opportunity to expand knowledge and skills in areas not provided through traditional education. We are committed to doing all we can to make an internship a very rewarding and educational experience. Our interns work closely with staff to complete meaningful and engaging projects that not only contribute to protecting our environment but also look good on a resume!
These positions are unpaid, however a successful full-time 2-quarter intern may be eligible for a $1,000 stipend, upon completion of the contract.
Administrative Assistant Intern
Credits and Hours for this position vary.
The Administrative Assistant Intern will be the primary provider of office support to customers and staff. This position will give the intern essential Administrative Assistance experience, including tasks such as:
- Learning money handling procedures
- Office supply inventory
- Preparing meeting minutes
- Managing TCD’s main office phone line
- Equipment rental scheduling
- Organizing and managing all incoming and outgoing mail
- Using Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- Providing Administrative Assistance to other staff
- General office support experience
After completion of this internship, a performance review and letter of recommendation will be given to the intern to include with resume’/portfolio for future positions.