Join Thurston CD’s Citizen’s Advisory Committee!
In order to best represent the tremendous diversity of our community, Thurston Conservation District Board of Supervisors is seeking community members to help them be informed about natural resource conservation concerns, opportunities and land user needs.
Find a full position description here.
Submit a resume and letter of interest to Sarah Moorehead, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due by June 30, 2021.
Appointment will occur in July and August, 2021.
Annual Volunteer Opportunities
- Annual Native Plant Festival & Sale (March 2021)
- South Sound Regional Envirothon (May 2021)
- Orca Recovery Day (Fall 2021)
- Water Quality Monitoring (February & October, dates TBD)
- Nearshore Education (Spring, weekdays, dates TBD)
- Work parties on private property (Regularly throughout the year)
Sign up to receive the latest volunteer opportunities straight to your inbox:
Interested in volunteering with the District? Please read the Thurston Conservation District’s Volunteer Protocol carefully.
All of our volunteer opportunities require a Liability/Photo Waiver form before participation. Hard copies will be available at all volunteer events, or you may submit the form below:
Questions about volunteering?
Education & Outreach Coordinator
360-754-3588, ext. 105
You can also use our contact form.