Thurston Conservation District strongly believes in providing quality natural resources education to the community. In addition to using conservation planning and educational workshops to get conservation practices on the ground, we work as an informational hub to share a variety of publications and handouts to teach the community even more ways to manage their natural resources.
- COVID-19 Resources
- Resource List – Thurston Conservation District offers this list as a service to residents of Thurston and neighboring counties. Thurston Conservation District does not accept responsibility for transactions between operators on this list and their customers. Thurston Conservation District does not promote/endorse the services/businesses on this list. You can also find a list of local consulting foresters at Washington State Universities webpage.
- 2020 South Sound Direct Sales Farm Map – Re-created annually by South of the Sound Community Farmland Trust, this map is a great resource to find farms throughout South Sound that are directly marketing an incredible variety of products.
- Grow Smart, Grow Safe App – This app provides reliable, science-based information for consumers throughout the Pacific Northwest to choose lawn and garden products that are safer for people, pets and the environment. Products sold in area stores are rated low, medium or high hazard to help shoppers make smart choices. Take this tool to the store or out to the garage and find out how your favorite lawn and garden products rate. The app also offers tips on gardening without pesticides. The information can also be accessed at www.GrowSmartGrowSafe.org as well as strategies for controlling noxious weeds at Thurston County’s Environmental Health Webpage.
- Puget Sound Fresh – Find farms, markets, and events that support local, fresh food – throughout the Puget Sound!
- Encyclopedia of Puget Sound – A cornucopia of physical, natural, and social science research on the Puget Sound!
- 2020 NACD Fall Edition of The Resource – The Resource is regularly published by the National Association of Conservation Districts and contains current conservation news, NACD and Capitol Hill policy updates, district spotlights, and much more! Find the most current edition here!